My Beauty is My Doom_____Part 3: The Murder of Queen Wuraola

0
Also Read

Go back to Part 2


" _Adunni_
_Child of Segilola_
_Grandchild of Fajimorokun_
_Great grandchild of Agbonmirere_"

And as the bird sings along
I could hear echoes from eternity
I could feel the heartbeat of my mother
My heart hurried back
To the faded years of childhood
To the night before _Segilola_ died
I was small and inexperienced
It was by the fire hearth
I sat with other kids
Watching the flying fire-flakes
Coming from the sparks of burning embers
There _Segilola_ my lovely mother
Told us an ancient tale
Which her mother told her
When she was young
About a beautiful Queen Wuraola
The most beautiful woman of that age

Though Wuraola has beauty and wealth
Yet she has no husband
She was full of pride and insult
Dirtier than the pigs if the slush
Even when her maids work day and night
They can never get rid of the stench
That perfumes her disgusting chambers
For Wuraola, their Mistress
Is the very root of the smell
Bad characters with bad manners

Men preferred to be her subjects or slaves
Than be cursed to share a bed with her
And the only man who eventually married her
Murdered her on their wedding night


......


Go to Part 4


© Olatuja Oloyede
****************************

Post a Comment

0Comments

Leave a comment behind

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn more
Ok, Go it!