My Beauty is My Doom _____Part 5 The End of Adunni's Tale of love

0
Also Read


Go Back to Part 4

I am _Adunni_
The child of _Segilola_
The grandchild of _Fajimorokun_
The great grandchild of _Agbonmirere_

It's been twenty years
Since I wept under that sacred tree
In the forbidden forest

I am married now to an Angel
_Gbadegesin_ is my crown
A man of grace and splendor
Who adorns me with care
Cherishing me as the delight of his heart
I'm clean and clear woman
Obedient to my father and in laws
Submissive to my husband
But I learnt all these
In a very hard way

So I will tell the young girls
Of this unfortunate age
Just as my mother told me
Beside the fire hearth
And her mother told her
And the mother before
_Beauty could be your doom_
_But could also be your blessing_
_Virtue and honesty will keep you_
_A lady who cares for her body alone_
_Will accept misery as her destiny_
_Take good care of your character_
_Keep yourself from wolves_
_Who pant to devour you_
_Before paying your dowry_
_Be wise and polite_
_To those ahead of you_
_That is the real beauty_
_Of the African woman_
_Only a godforsaken fool_
_Will see such treasure_
_And cast it Into the open sea._


I am _Adunni_
The child of _Segilola_
The grand child of _Fajimorokun_
The great grand child of _Agbonmirere_
This is my story of love
Told from the mouth of the young griot.

*The End*


Thanks....


Ghdhfbhghfvfvcbfhgbggnvbghbbbghbbbfhgg
Is not easy typing

Post a Comment

0Comments

Leave a comment behind

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn more
Ok, Go it!